Experience professional performances on stage AND in your school!
The Grand Rapids Symphony is committed to providing high-quality music experiences for all children in our communities. One way we do this is through the Artists in Residence (AIR) program. The purpose of the AIR program is to support K-6 music education with innovative experiences and opportunities for students. This is a partnership between select schools and the Grand Rapids Symphony in which students experience educational concerts as well as performances and informal visits from small groups of GRS musicians at their school.
Applications are currently closed and will reopen in March 2023.
AIR partner schools receive:
• FREE Lollipops Concert admission for Kindergarten & 1st-grade students
• FREE Percussion Concert admission for 2nd & 3rd-grade students
• Link Up curriculum & performance with 3rd, 4th, and 5th-grade students
• Instrument Discovery visits for a selected grade level
• In-school Education Ensemble performances for K-6 students
• Behind-the-Scenes w/Guest Artist event for 6th-grade students
The Artists in Residence program is valued at over $12,000 for each participating school. Thanks to generous support from Grand Rapids Symphony donors as well as corporate and foundation partners, this unique program is made available to schools for just $1,100 per year.**
**A limited number of fee waivers are available to schools with at least 70% of students eligible for the Free/Reduced Lunch (FRL) program. The selection process will determine top qualifying schools based on eligibility. Fee waivers are based on availability and are NOT guaranteed - schools that receive waivers will be notified.
Artsplace | Beusse & Porter Family Foundation | Chase | DeCamp Foundation | Fountain Street Church | The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation | RoMan Manufacturing | The Harry A. & Margaret D. Towsley Foundation