The Grand Rapids Symphony Student Passport Program is a fantastic opportunity for students of any age to experience orchestral performances for only $5! Tickets must always be purchased the night of the concert. You must have a membership card and a valid student ID, or, as a home schooled student, verification of student status to purchase a $5 ticket. The program is renewed every year.
How to Sign Up for a Membership Card
- Sign up at the Student Passport table the evening of the concert you want to attend to immediately receive your membership card for the purchase of a $5 ticket (recommended). The table is located in the outer lobby in DeVos Performance Hall or at the ticket table at St. Cecilia Music Center.
- Apply online. Your card will be sent to you in the mail. Apply at least a week prior to the concert you want to attend to receive in the mail on time.
- Download a Student Passport application (link below). Send your completed application to the Symphony office or drop it off at a concert.
Student Passport membership allows you to purchase $5 tickets for performances included in the following series:
- Richard and Helen DeVos Classical Series
- Crowe Horwath MusicNOW Series
- Crowe Horwath Great Eras Series
- Coffee Classics Series
- Symphony with Soul Special Event
Student Passport membership does NOT allow you to purchase $5 tickets for performances included in the following series:
- Fox Motors Pops Series
- DTE Energy Foundation Family Series
- PNC Lollipops Concerts
- D&W Fresh Market Picnic Pops
- Special Event Concerts (If an event opens up to Student Passport, members are notified by email)
- SymphonicBoom Concerts
Tickets in the best remaining sections as determined by the Grand Rapids Symphony will be available at the box office beginning one hour prior to each performance. Arrive early for the best seats! Seating is limited and subject to availability. Please make sure to submit your email address on your application to receive Student Passport emails addressing availability.
Guidelines for ticket purchases:
At the box office the night of the concert, present your membership card and a valid student ID to purchase a $5 Student Passport ticket. You may purchase one ticket per concert, for up to a total of 10 concerts with your one-year membership card. A new card is issued each year so make sure to renew either by responding to the renewal email or by signing up at a concert in the new season.
Want to sit with friends or family? Just make sure to purchase your tickets at the same time the night of concert.
Thank you for participating in the Student Passport Program, we look forward to seeing you soon at a Grand Rapids Symphony performance. If you have any questions about your membership please call Marie Williams at the Symphony office at 616/454-9451, Ext. 115 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Passport Program is generously sponsored by Comerica Bank.