Crowe Horwath Rising Stars Series
Catch These Rising Stars, While You Can!
Intimate concert hall and talk from the stage with a focus on emerging talent. Whether an up-and-coming soloist or composer, our own symphony musicians, or works of great composers written during the early years of their careers, this series will give you the opportunity to discover these rising stars first, and become their biggest fans!
Thursdays@7 Concert Format, Deepened Commitment to Rising Star Composers
The format of the Thursday night performance of the Rising Stars Series offers a new approach. Changes have been made in response to audience feedback and a growing need for shorter concerts that offer greater flexibility to fit great music into busy schedules.
- "Thursdays@7” will start one hour earlier than Friday, at 7 p.m.
- The concerts will be shorter (about an hour) and will be performed without intermission.
- Audience members are invited to stay after the concert for an informal post-concert Talkback Conversation hosted by the conductor, composers and guest artists.
- "Thursdays@7” programming will contain a “re-mix” of the elements presented on Friday evening.
- Three talented young soloists will take the spotlight in addition to several of your GRS musicians. Additionally, award-winning emerging composers will be featured on the program and brought to Grand Rapids to share insights into their music.